The Hawaiian airlines credit card, as you have probably guessed, is a credit card which has been put together by Hawaiian airlines. If you regularly fly on this airline, then this is one of the best credit cards you can obtain. On this page, we are going to take a little peek at some of the benefits that you can look forward to when you have this particular credit card by your side. Trust us, they are going to be pretty great!
When you first pick up a Hawaiian Airlines credit card, there are three ‘bonuses’ that you will want to be aware of. Two of these bonuses are ‘one time’ only. The other is suitable for every single time that you book transport on Hawaiian Airlines:
- When you spend your first $1,000 on your Hawaiian Airlines credit card, you will be awarded with 35,000 bonus miles. You have to spend this money within the first 90 days, however.
- You will be entitled to a one-time 50% discount for a companion on Hawaiian Airlines if you are travelling between Hawaii and North America. This is for a round trip only.
- Every time you use your Hawaiian Airlines credit card to book a trip on Hawaiian Airlines, you will be entitled to your first checked bag being 100% free. Only the primary credit card holder is able to achieve this benefit, sadly!
Everyday Benefits of the Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card
In addition to those ‘one time’ benefits, you will be able to receive a number of other benefits depending on how you use your credit card. These are long term benefits and there is no time limit on them. Although, of course, you do need to be aware that the terms and conditions of the credit card may be updated from time to time. This means that the benefits may change,but they will always do their best to keep you up to date, however:
- When you purchase through Hawaiian Airlines, you will be able to receive double the miles that you would through normal purchases. It is worth noting that vacation packages and duty free purchases while on board the flight are not regarded as purchases with Hawaiian Airlines. With this bonus, you will receive two Hawaiian Miles for every $1.00 you spend.
- Most purchases that you make with your credit card will award you with 1 mile for every $1 you spend.
- There are some select partners with them that will award you ten times the miles for every $1 that you spend. This means 10 miles per $1.00. The partners participating with the airline’s scheme do change on a regular basis. You will always be able to find an up to date list on the Hawaiian Airlines website.
- There are no foreign transaction fees on any purchase that you make with your credit card. This means that you can travel overseas and use your credit card for an incredibly low rate.
That isn’t all. When you use this credit card, you will also be entitled to yearly rewards. These rewards include the following:
- $100 discount on a companion ticket (coach class only) for a round trip between Hawaii and North America. You will be awarded this each account anniversary providing you pay the annual fee.
- 5,000 bonus miles each year providing you have made at least $10,000 in purchases using your card.
- If you are a Pualani Platinum or Pualani Gold Member, you will receive up to $100 annual credit towards any purchases you make ‘in flight’. You will only be able to spend a maximum of $10 each day on the flight. You can use this credit towards any entertainment offered on the aircraft, meals, and drinks. You will not be able to use the credit that you receive here against any duty free products on-board.
Applying for the Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card
If you are interested in the Hawaiian Airlines credit card, then you will be able to apply directly through the Hawaiian Airlines website. It is a very quick application process. However, you should remember that the success of your application will be dependent on your credit score. If you are not sure as to the quality of your credit score, then make sure you check it beforehand. The better your credit score, the more chance you have of being approved for the credit card and scoring yourself some pretty fantastic rates! If you are lucky enough, you can win special prizes like this guy who was the 10 Millionth Guest of 2014: